Sales Rep Support | FAQ
1. What happened to the Giftware Representatives Association of Canada?
After many years the GRAC Board of Directors decided to retire the association in September 2006. The Canadian Gift & Tableware Association (CGTA) wishes to acknowledge and thank GRAC for its past dedication and significant contributions towards enhancing collaboration and professionalism within Canada's giftware industry, and especially for championing the needs of its sales
representatives, from coast to coast.
2. How much is a subscription to CGTA's SRSS?
A one year NON-REFUNDABLE subscription is $50.00 plus tax (GST, QST and/or HST).
3. How long is my subscription valid for?
Your subscription begins the day your fee is processed and lasts for one calendar year.
4. If we subscribe to SRSS, are we members of the CGTA?
No. Membership in CGTA is available to manufacturers, distributors, importers, and exporters of gift and tableware items. If this description describes your company and you would like more information on becoming a CGTA member, visit the CGTA Membership section.
5. Will the Registry of Professional Sales Representatives in the Canadian Gift and Tableware Industry continued to be printed and mailed?
CGTA has developed a Reps Locator on the CGTA website that subscribers can self manage and update, as necessary. This will replace the printed Registry. CGTA Members will be able to access your information via our website. Please click here for more information on this and other benefits offered to SRSS subscribers.
6. Are any other programs or services available to SRSS subscribers?
Currently the benefits to SRSS subscribers are:
- A listing in the CGTA Rep Locator
- 6 issues of Retail News Magazine
- 2 issues of MarketMonitor
- 2 issues of MarketPulse
- 4 issues of SalesPulse
- Access to CGTA's complimentary Educational Seminars
- Invitation to CGTA Golf Tournaments (ON, QC & BC)
7. Can CGTA assist with any business-to-business issues that may arise between SRSS subscribers and CGTA Members?
Unfortunately, CGTA will not be able to intervene in the business-to-business relationships and issues that may arise between a CGTA Member Company and a SRSS Subscriber.
8. Will Reps Wanted Boards still be available at the CGTA Gift Shows?
Yes, CGTA will continue to provide this valuable benefit to CGTA Members and SRSS Subscribers.
9. Where can I access resources developed by GRAC for its members?
CGTA gratefully acknowledges the materials developed by the GRAC and CPSA (Canadian Professional Sales Association) for the use of SRSS subscribers.
Please click here for a copy of the GRAC Checklist for Smart Sales Representatives and here for a copy of a sample Agency Contract .